Yesterday was a great day to take advantage of the nice dry and sunny weather. If not the, then perhaps one of the last of this year.
A number of tidy up garden activities needed yet to be done and that is what we did. Some examples:
- Collecting and removing dead and fallen leafs (most of them not from our trees).
- Removing weeds, mostly grasses, from the groundcovers.
- Removing mosses from the groundcovers and other places where we do not want them.
- Scrubbing the veranda deck to remove alga and moss.
- Clean and take inside the garden pump. Do not forget to close off the hoses to prevent dirt or insect getting in. We use a cork for that.
- Take some of the most promiment groundcover runners out of the gravel.
- Rake the gravel area.
- Removing weeds from the waterfront.
- and a few other minor activities that end this beautiful garden-day.
Although not “winter ready” yet we are getting close. There are still some major activities left (as an example the Wisteria sinesis !).
Related: Control of pests, weeds and diseases in Tsubo-en, Bottom surface maintenance, Regular cleaning-up, Constructing the Infrastructure, Watering supply and irrigation or sprinkler-system, The technology behind (or under) the garden, Constructing sand and gravel rakes, Raking training. Improve your raking skills, Ground levelling, Drainage and Soil enrichment, Veranda, duckboards and gutter.